CCOE Seminar Series
Misinformation and Disinformation
16 November 2022
14:30 - 17:00 UTC+1
Within the scope of our upcoming online seminar, we are aiming to discover the phenomena of ‘Misinformation and Disinformation’ in general, before looking into their meaning for military activities. The seminar will conclude with reflections on the strategic, operational and tactical use of misleading information.
The seminar will be featured by presentations provided by well-known experts and a moderated Q&A session.
- Ms Katarína Klingová, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Democracy & Resilience, GLOBSEC
- Mr Jakub Kalenský, Senior Analyst, The European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats
- Lieutenant Colonel Caspar Versteegden, Teacher of International Security Studies at the Royal Netherlands Defense Academy
- Mr Doowan Lee, CEO and cofounder of VAST-OSINT, Senior Advisor in IST and adjunct professor of politics at the University of San Francisco
will be exploring:
- What characterises Misinformation and Disinformation, and what are the differences in their appearance in traditional and social media?
- What is the risk of Misinformation and Disinformation to emerge in research, and what techniques to put in place to mitigate pitfalls?
- How will Civil-Military Cooperation and Civil Affairs have to adapt to the consequences arriving from the strategic, operational and tactical use of Disinformation?
Simply join us on Wednesday, 16th of November 2022, a few minutes before 14.30 (UTC+1)
Meeting Number: 2374 729 1963 | Netherlands Toll: +31-2072-19842
United States Toll: +1-650-215-5226 | Other toll numbers on request
The seminar is open to the public and can be joined via CISCO Webex. No registration is required. Feel free to further distribute this message. For questions, do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to seeing you online!