Lessons Learned & Analysis
The Lessons Learned & Analysis Branch (LL&A Branch), contributes to the Civil-Military Cooperation Centre of Excellence (CCOE) mission by providing external and internal observation, lesson and analysis delivery.
It does so by procedures and framework, to learn from experiences and improve performance. LL&A Branch contributes to the international work regarding strengthening the information sharing between NATO, states, international and governmental organisations.
Acting Branch Chief
CDR Rene Halfmann is the Acting Branch Chief (BC) of CCOE’s LL&A Branch. The BC LL gives guidance to CCOE’s LL process and his personnel. He is responsible for providing competence in the field of LL to internal and external stakeholders.
He chairs the periodical meetings of the CCOE Lessons Learned Working Group and is the primary contact person for the development of the lessons.
He is the point of contact for the following subjects:
- CIMIC Lessons Learned
- Comprehensive Analysis
- CIMIC in a Maritime Environment
- CCOE LL POC for ACO CIMIC CMI WG
- CCOE LL POC for Validation of AJP 3.19
Staff Officer LL&A
Captain Normen Schneider is the Staff Officer in the LL&A Branch.
He is primarily responsible for:
- Build-up and maintain an understanding of the capacity building between non-military partners (like UN OCHA) and military partners, and he focuses on observation papers externally.
- Internally is he the primary contact person for the development of analysis.
Staff Assistant LL&A
Senior Master Sergeant Ralf Leifer supports the Branch Chief in the planning and execution of the Branch activities; this includes the following tasks:
- Responsible for administrative support within the LL&A Branch.
- Maintain and update the CCOE Library and the LL database. Support the Branch Chief regarding LL&A budgeting and economic reports. He Supports the planning and execution of conferences, meetings and workshops internal and external related to the CIMIC/CMI Lessons Learned process.