Climate Change and its Implications for Military Operations (29 JUN 2022)
Please feel invited to join our upcoming online seminar ‘Climate Change and its Implications for Military Operations’.
The seminar will be executed in cooperation with the US Civil Affairs Association and will take place on the 29 of June 2022, 14.30 – 17.00 (UTC+2).
Within the scope of our upcoming seminar we are aiming to discover the phenomenon of ‘Climate Change’ in general, before looking into its meaning for (future) military operations. The seminar concludes with an idea on how Civil-Military Cooperation and Civil Affairs need to adapt to the consequences arriving from rapidly changing environmental conditions and circumstances.
The seminar will be featured by presentations provided by well-known experts and a moderated Q&A session.
- Mr Jordan Beauregard, Senior Environmental Security Advisor at the United States Geological Survey, Virginia (USA),
- Dr Kiara Vinke, Head of Center for Climate and Foreign Policy at the German Council on Foreign Relations, Berlin (GER),
- Ms Shiloh Fetzek, Associate Fellow to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, London (GBR) and
- Ms Maartje van Reedt Dortland, Climate Security Expert and Reserve Officer at 1 Civil Military Interaction Command, Apeldoorn (NLD)
will be exploring:
- What is Climate Change in general and what are the strategic consequences of the changing climate?
- How does the changing climate affect (future) military operations?
- How will Civil-Military Cooperation and Civil Affairs have to adapt to the consequences arriving from rapidly changing environmental conditions and circumstances?
Simply join us on Wednesday, 29 of June 2022, a few minutes before 14.30 (UTC+2)
Meeting Number: 163 222 3515 | Netherlands Toll: +31-2072-19842
United States Toll: +1-650-215-5226 | Other toll numbers on request
The seminar is open to the public and can be joined via CISCO Webex. No registration is required. Feel free to further distribute this message. For questions, do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to seeing you online!